Mercury Free at Dental Inspirations
Did you know?
Amalgam fillings (silver) contain over 50% Mercury?
And that, Mercury after arsenic is the most dangerous poison to man.
Research has shown that it can cross the blood brain barrier, which could affect the brain, kidneys, liver, skin, eyes, bowel and all immune and glandular tissue.
Effects may be immediate or delayed, local or systemic depending on your ability to dispose of it.
Did you know... the greatest exposure to mercury occurs during placement and removal of silver amalgam dental fillings in your mouth?
Commonly reported side effects
- Low energy levels
- Brain fog
- Metallic taste in your mouth
- Lichen Planus
- Sore tongue
- Mouth ulcers
Concerns it may be a causative factor in conditions such as
- Myalgic Encephalopathy - M.E
- Multiple Sclerosis - M.S
What are the scientific findings?
- Mercury IS a health hazard
- Mercury vapour and all it's organic and inorganic derivatives are toxic
- There is no safe level of Mercury
- You should avoid usage in pregnant women
- According to reports, Dental Amalgam fillings in the UK are to be phased out by 2018
- Mercury is considered by WHO (World Health Organisation) as one of the top ten chemicals or groups of chemicals of major public health concern
What can Dental Inspirations do?
- Medical grade specialist air filtration system - IQ AIR Hg - we are the first practise to own this equipment in Aberdeen. This system successfully removes 99.97% of mercury particules, vapours and odours from the ambient environment. Once again Dental Inspirations are pioneers in leading the way for dentistry and sourcing the best equipment and technologies available.
- Specialist techniques used to isolate the tooth completely during amalgam removal, reducing the risk of Mercury exposure
- Specialised equipment used for safe amalgam removal
- Highly skilled and trained team to support you during treatment
- Follow up health advice, for your health as a whole
- Discounts available for full mouth Amalgam removal
This safe amalgam removal with composite resin restoration was completed in a 30 minute appointment. With the use of the IQ Air, rubber dam, specialised burs and drilling technique, our patient had her Mercury filling removed in the saftest environment possible.
You can read more regarding Dental Amalgam on the British Dental Association Website here;
And the World Health Organization here;
And the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology here;